3 Day Budget Modelling Techniques
Budget modelling is a practical three-day course designed to guide delegates through the modelling techniques required to construct efficient, effective budgets using Excel.
What this course offers:
- An overview of budgeting and alternative budgeting methods
- Distilling the key elements of the business case as the building blocks of the model – creating the input sheet
- Building a budget model from first principles, taking into account design, specifications, structure, the required sheets and financial statements
- Maintaining budget integrity whilst allowing updates and budget iterations
- The interaction between Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements in financial models, and the necessity of utilising this approach
- Modelling all components of a typical Income Statement and Balance Sheet, including fixed assets and components of working capital
- Designing and completing the financial statements, bearing in mind existing financial reporting layouts
- Calculating key model outputs and financial ratios
- Using sensitivity analysis, scenarios and data tables to analyse model output
- Finalising and protecting the model
- Specialised Excel techniques for financial models and shortcuts for speeding up the model building process
- Methods to compare budget vs. actual spend
- Insights and ideas to apply to your own budgeting process
Who should attend?
All persons involved in the production of annual budgets including CFO’s, COO’s general managers, financial managers, budget officers and financial accountant.
Request Registration Form: