- 25 - 29 Jul 2022
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Advanced Financial Modelling Course for Investment Evaluation
Advanced Financial Modelling for Investment Evaluation Course
This course runs over 5 days with 5 live interactive, instructor led training sessions.
Our advanced financial modelling course for investment evaluation is designed to equip financial and budget officers, middle and senior management, as well as consultants, analysts, private equity and corporate financial advisors, with the knowledge to assess investment opportunities and make informed business decisions.
What this course offers
- Distilling the key elements of the business case as the building blocks of the model
- Best practice methodology regarding model specifications, structure and sequence
- The importance of and interaction between Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements in financial models
- Calculating model output (e.g. Free Cash flows, Cash Flow waterfalls, DSCR and projectratios)
- Excel techniques useful in the analysis of model output (e.g. sensitivity analysis, scenarios, data tables,etc.)
- Calculating returns by incorporating Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Free Cash Flows, Net Present Values (NPVs) and Internal Rates of Return(IRR}
- Building an investment banking model from first principles to evaluate the financial feasibility of a turnaround strategy
- Analysing the results of a completed model for the purpose of advising the client and financiers regarding a new product
- Building a valuation model(DCF)
- Structuring a merger and acquisition model
- Reviewing alternative loan structures
- An introduction to writing macros in VBA
- Optimisation models using Solver
- Post Course self-study-building Tolco Project Model
In order to ensure the course is relevant and applicable to your business, content on the third day will be structured around your business requirements.
Who should attend?
Financial and budget officers, middle and senior management, as well as consultants, analysts, private equity and corporate financial advisors.
R16,000 excluding VAT