- 18 - 21 Jan 2022
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Financial Modelling Basics Course
This practical hands-on course is designed to equip would be financial modellers with the three essential building blocks for financial modelling irrespective of previous fields of study and current employment functions.
What this course covers:
- Essential Excel functions and techniques necessary to build effective flexible financial models and to analyse the model outputs
- Providing a working knowledge of accounting systems and accepted accounting conventions. Illustrating the design and layout of income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets and how they interact.
- Explaining and demonstrating all the key principles, terminology and metrics used in corporate finance and calculating a range of performance ratios and returns
- Calculating returns by incorporating Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Free Cash Flows, Net Present Values (NPVs) and Internal Rates of Return (IRR)
All topics are supported by hand-on exercises to reinforce learning and retention.
The course provides the foundation for all persons who
- wish to embark on the construction of effective financial models or
- who wish to extend their knowledge and capability in the field of corporate finance or
- wish to acquire the knowledge to assess investment opportunities and make informed business decisions.
R12,000 excluding VAT