Project Financial Modelling Masterclass
This course runs over 7 days, from 12-5pm with 7 live interactive, instructor led training sessions.
This hands-on practical course is designed for delegates wishing to enhance their capacity to build comprehensive and complex project financial models.
It combines an Excel’s modelling functionality with the requirements and intricacies involved in the preparation and structure of more complex financial models.
Delegates, under the supervision and with the help of the instructor, are required, in a sequential process, to: –
a. build a 20-year annual toll road concession project model, (creating the input sheet and overall model design)
b. build a 5-year monthly mining project model.
Thereafter delegates will choose between the following two options:
c. a 20-year annual solar energy model, and
d. a 10-year real estate project model
These exercises form the core modelling activity and require an understanding of the business case and the creation of a comprehensive model specification, as the first step in the model design.
What this Course offers:
- Distilling the key elements of the business case as the building blocks of the model
- Best practice methodology regarding model specifications, structure and sequence
- The importance of and interaction between the input sheet, the support schedules, the Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet
- Calculating model output e.g. Free Cash flows, CFADS, Cash Flow waterfalls, DSCR and project ratios
- Excel techniques useful in the analysis of model output (e.g. sensitivity analysis, scenarios, data tables, etc.)
- Calculating returns by incorporating Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Free Cash Flows, Net Present Values (NPVs) and Internal Rates of Return (IRR)
- Analysing the model results, calculating returns, sensitivities, scenarios, data tables and protecting the model
- Levelised Costing
- Reviewing alternative loan structures
- Uses of the Control keys
Who should attend?
- Persons responsible for building project feasibility models or evaluating of models pertaining to projects
- Financial officers, planners, middle and senior management
- Project financial advisors
Request Registration Pack: